- Old Crow Medicine Show in Nashville, IN, reviewed and photos, Nov. 17, 2023
- Reviewed: Craig Morgan at Brown County Music Center
- John Michael Montgomery in Concert !
- The Real Story Behind Gretchen Wilson’s “RedNeck Woman”
- The real story behind George Jones’, “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Backstory: Kenny Rogers’ “Buy Me a Rose”
All posts by Hector M. Montes
T-Bone Walker, Stormy Monday
The late B.B. King cited him as the musician who inspired him to learn to play guitar. Historically, along with jazz great Charlie Christian, he is one of the very earliest electric guitar masters and showmen. A...
- Posted January 16, 2019
12 Christmas Blues, R&B and Soul Songs
It’s not the 12 Days of Christmas, but Blue Notes put together a playlist of 12 favorite Christmas Blues, R&B and Soul songs for the Holidays. Silent Night – Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings Merry Christmas...
- Posted December 20, 2018
Jose Feliciano’s Feliz Navidad
Jose Feliciano’s Feliz Navidad By Hector M. Montes “Feliz Navidad,” is an almost fifty-year-old musical tradition on the radio in the U.S. One of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, Feliz Navidad was composed in...
- Posted December 17, 2018
Latin Rock and Rock En Español
“Despacito,” the recent mega-hit by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee was hardly the first time that Spanish-language lyrics with Latin music and rhythms appeared in pop and rock music in the U.S. In fact, the “Latin tinge”...
- Posted December 12, 2018
Protected: Blue Notes. Backstories and Insights
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
- Posted November 22, 2018