- Old Crow Medicine Show in Nashville, IN, reviewed and photos, Nov. 17, 2023
- Reviewed: Craig Morgan at Brown County Music Center
- John Michael Montgomery in Concert !
- The Real Story Behind Gretchen Wilson’s “RedNeck Woman”
- The real story behind George Jones’, “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Backstory: Kenny Rogers’ “Buy Me a Rose”
2022 INDIANA STATE FAIR FEATURED FARMERS UNVEILED
For more information,
2022 Indiana State Fair Featured Farmers Unveiled
presented by Corteva Agriscience
Corteva Agriscience Connects Consumers with Farmers at the Indiana State Fair
June 10, 2022, INDIANAPOLIS, IN — The Indiana State Fair and Corteva Agriscience are proud to unveil the highly anticipated 2022 Featured Farmers that will be honored at this year’s Indiana State Fair. In its seventh year, this program celebrates and helps put a face on Hoosier agriculture by connecting consumers with fellow Hoosiers who grow the food they eat. These 18 farm operations represent all regions of the state, showcasing different agricultural products throughout the 18-day State Fair, July 29-August 21.
“Our Featured Farmers program connects fairgoers to Hoosier farmers daily during the State Fair with opportunities to learn more about where their food comes from,” said Cindy Hoye, executive director, Indiana State Fair Commission. “These farmers have incredible stories to tell, and we are proud to honor and celebrate them.”
Visitors to the Indiana State Fair can attend a live chat at 2:30 p.m. in the Glass Barn with a Featured Farmer every day of the Fair, in addition to many other opportunities to talk with that day’s Featured Farm family and learn about their operation. To learn more about the farmers, visit IndianaStateFair.com.
“Corteva Agriscience, is pleased once again to be the presenting sponsor of the Featured Farmer program at the Indiana State Fair. During the past seven years of sponsoring the Featured Farmer program, we have been able to honor farm families from across the state and provide an opportunity for fairgoers who are consumers to meet these farmers who spend their days working to feed all of us,” said Susan Carney, Strategic Marketing Communications Leader, Corteva Agriscience.
Here is the complete list of featured farmers, farm products and their home counties:
- (July 29) Sheller Family Farms (Corn), Hamilton County
- (July 30) Martin Family Farms (Swine), Warren County
- (July 31) Red Frazier Bison Ranch (Bison), Greene County
- (August 3) Goin’s Blueberry Lane (Blueberries), Starke County
- (August 4) Gutwein Popcorn (Popcorn), Pulaski County
- (August 5) Hodgen Farms (Soybeans), Putnam County
- (August 6) New Age Provisions Farm (Urban Farmer), Marion County
- (August 7) Eggersman Brothers Cattle (Beef Cattle), Jackson County
- (August 10) Salomon Farms LLC (Corn/Soybeans, Custom baling), Whitley County
- (August 11) Countryside and Apple Hill Orchards (Apples), Vanderburgh
- (August 12) Wagler Dairy (Dairy Cattle), Brown County
- (August 13) Dutch Valley Growers (Tomatoes & Onions), LaPorte County
- (August 14) Superior Dairy (Dairy Cattle), DeKalb County
- (August 17) 3D Valley Farm (Maple Syrup and other farm delicacies), Harrison County
- (August 18) Mark & Peggy Jones (Hardwoods), Orange County
- (August 19) Bourbon Bound Farms (Whiskey/Corn/Cover Crops), Jackson County
- (August 20) Lick Creek Flower Company (Flowers), Madison County
- (August 21) Scott Farms (Wheat, Corn & Soybeans), Cass County
The Great Indiana State Fair
The Indiana State Fair is the state’s largest multi-day event celebrating the Hoosier spirit and agricultural heritage. These 18 days bring all communities together to celebrate all things Indiana and promote it to hundreds of thousands of people across the state, and beyond. Nationally recognized for offering great entertainment, showcasing youth and interactive agriculture educational programs, premiere facilities and a variety of unique, fun foods, the Indiana State Fair has been an annual attraction for generations of Hoosiers since 1852 This year’s Indiana State Fair will take place July 29th – August 21st (closed Mondays & Tuesdays). For information, visit www.indianastatefair.com.
About Corteva Agriscience
Corteva, Inc. (NYSE: CTVA) is a publicly traded, global pure-play agriculture company that combines industry-leading innovation, high-touch customer engagement and operational execution to profitably deliver solutions for the world’s most pressing agriculture challenges. Corteva generates advantaged market preference through its unique distribution strategy, together with its balanced and globally diverse mix of seed, crop protection, and digital products and services With some of the most recognized brands in agriculture and a technology pipeline well positioned to drive growth, the company is committed to maximizing productivity for farmers, while working with stakeholders throughout the food system as it fulfills its promise to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. More information can be found at www.corteva.com.