- Old Crow Medicine Show in Nashville, IN, reviewed and photos, Nov. 17, 2023
- Reviewed: Craig Morgan at Brown County Music Center
- John Michael Montgomery in Concert !
- The Real Story Behind Gretchen Wilson’s “RedNeck Woman”
- The real story behind George Jones’, “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Backstory: Kenny Rogers’ “Buy Me a Rose”
Bruno Mars Prince Tribute Slideshow
Bruno Mars and The Time honored Prince’s legacy at the 2017 Grammy’s on Sunday. It was a funky, raucous, stirring tribute to an artist fans are still mourning. Bruno Mars was the perfect artist to compliment The Time and he nailed the edgy, sexy look and feel of Prince and his enduring legacy. The Time kicked off the tribute with “Jungle Love” from 1984’s Ice Cream Castle and Mars took over for a rendition of Prince’s full-tilt rave-up “Let’s Go Crazy.” Check out the video below while it’s available.
The Grammy’s announced the tribute segment – along with a similar one honoring George Michael – earlier this week in a statement from Ken Ehrlich, Executive Producer of the event. “While the primary focus of the Grammy Awards is to celebrate and honor the year’s best in music, we consider it our responsibility to tell music’s broader story by honoring its legends lost.”
“While it’s nearly impossible to convey the full depth of an artist’s cultural impact in a single performance,” he added, “it’s that very challenge that has led us to some of our most memorable Grammy moments.”
Our very own Victor Cruz wrote a beautiful piece on Prince that you can check out here: