- Country Music Legend Toby Keith passes at age 62
- Innings Festival Weekend 2, Tempe AZ March 1-2
- Old Crow Medicine Show in Nashville, IN, reviewed and photos, Nov. 17, 2023
- Reviewed: Craig Morgan at Brown County Music Center
- John Michael Montgomery in Concert !
- The Real Story Behind Gretchen Wilson’s “RedNeck Woman”
Willie Nelson redirects concert proceeds to benefit West, Texas firefighters
PHOTO CREDIT: Larry Philpot Soundstage Photography
Country music legend Willie Nelson is donating all proceeds from an upcoming concert in Austin, Texas, to the West Volunteer Fire Department, according to a press statement released Thursday.
Nelson , a native Texan, sent out his love and prayers via Twitter after a deadly fertilizer plant explosion rocked West, Texas, a small town north of Waco near his own hometown.
“I was born and raised here and it was my backyard growing up. This is my community. these friends and neighbors have always been and are still a part of my life,” Nelson said.
The statement said proceeds from the artist’s previously scheduled performance on April 28 at The Backyard in Austin would now benefit the West Volunteer Fire Department. Nelson also encouraged fans to donate goods, funds, or even blood donations to the Red Cross for the people of West.